Saturday, February 15, 2014

Valentines in Venezia aka The Best Night Ever

So, it was Valentines Day yesterday. And it was by far the best Valentines Day I have ever had. We had quite the full day...


This is a pretty good view of the coast, I think! :)




I took this picture. Be jealous.



Just exploring the island of Burano!


We spent the day on Burano and Murano, two islands off of Venice. There were so many colors!! We took the water bus from Venice to Burano, then wandered around the island. We (being me, Abby, Belit, Jackie, and Stahsha) had lunch by a canal and then...


... got Italian gelato for the first time!





After exploring the beautiful isle of Burano, we went to the island of Murano (which is known for it's exquisite glass work). It was towards the end of the evening, so we got to watch the sun set and walked around drinking an espresso. It was quite refreshing. And it hit me again that I was exploring Venice/Islands, I'm like a grown up or something. This is my classroom, these are my lessons. How hard is my life, right?!







While on Murano, we found a grocery store with quite the jackpot: little juice boxes of wine. I KNOW. They were the cutest little things that we all got some and guess what? They were actually really tasty. I also bought myself a little box of Perugian chocolate, to treat myself.




As if that wasn't enough, we got treated to a wonderful dinner at the boy's apartment, courtesy of our very own Max Krone. It. Was. Delicious! Words cannot describe it in full so I'll just show you:



NomNomNom.




And that was my Valentines Day. It was a good day, and I'm so happy that it happened like that. Today was also another good day! We went to yet another amazing museum, the Gallerie dell'Accademia. After we "got out of class", we explored the greater Venice area. It was a lovely day with the ladies. We shopped around and I made my first purchase: Italian sunglasses!



Ba-bam!

So, that is my life. Preeeeetty awesome. Off to drink wine with my ladies!

Un baccio!


xoxo
Alaine


No comments:

Post a Comment